The Association Challenge 2020
Virtual day – 21 October 2020
Live event – 22-23 October 2020
Venue – The Lensbury, London
What is the Association Challenge about?
The Hybrid Association Challenge is part of the Northstar Meetings Group Challenge Event Series for agency, corporate and association event buyers. Running for 8 years the challenge event format is proven to create an environment where imagination inspires business and builds partnerships between buyers and event industry suppliers.
The Association Challenge is a modern business forum that brings together association management companies, PCOS and association meeting planners with venues, destinations and specialist suppliers to develop long-lasting relationships.
It is a unique blend of creative team building and effective networking based on engagement through gamification. It is an opportunity for associations to be inspired by a tantalising array of presentations in an energetic, informative and memorable way. It is the not-to-be missed association event of the year. There are huge benefits to attending the live event but for those that simply cannot get there and wish to be part of this exciting and worthwhile event, there is also a virtual option.
Venues, destinations and event industry suppliers who would like to meet, network and share their product information with association buyers looking to place national and international event business. You will be able to network with up to 45 live association buyers and up to 20 virtual association buyers.
– £2,450 + VAT – 1-person team
– £3,650 + VAT – 2-person team (from one organisation or two)
Live event including virtual day:
– £5,295 + VAT – 1-person team
– £7,690 + VAT – 2-person team (from one organisation or two)
Live event price includes accommodation for two nights and all F&B and entertainment.
Virtual day – Wednesday 21st October 2020
• Your presentation will be available to download through our on-demand service watched by pre-qualified international association buyers that are attending virtually. The presentations will be available to view for one week prior to the virtual day
• Virtual association attendees will be required to watch a minimum of four supplier presentations in advance of the virtual day (each presentation is 10 minutes long and will include three quiz questions)
• Participants are allocated to teams and they can earn points for their team for answering quiz questions from supplier presentations and taking part in virtual challenges in their quest for a share of the team prize.
• All virtual attending associations will attend at a pre-set time to undertake a team challenge. All participating suppliers may also take part in this virtual challenge if they wish.
• A virtual 1-to-1 session will be available in the afternoon and each association is expected to book a minimum of four virtual meetings. This will be arranged using an online communication portal
• The winning virtual team will be announced at the end of the virtual day during a networking hour
• Virtual participants will also have the option to watch two educational sessions – content and speakers to be advised
• Virtual only suppliers are also able to provide an alternative pre-recorded presentation which will be played to the captive live audience
Live event day – Thursday 22nd October 2020
• An informal lunch gathering to meet and network with association participants
• You will be allocated to team for the live event where you can network with your peers and association event planners
• You can undertake a dynamic live 10-minute presentation to all attendees (this could be on Thursday or Friday subject to running order)
• You will ask three quiz questions as part of your presentation which are asked to all teams at the end of your presentation and count towards the final team scores
• You can network with associations on your team during these live quiz sessions
• You will undertake a team challenge to build relationships with association buyers
• Watch an engaging and relevant educational session
• Enjoy a networking evening including fine F&B, entertainment and accommodation
Live event day – Friday 23rd October 2020
• Supplier presentations will continue throughout the morning
• You will undertake a second team challenge to continue your networking opportunities
• Watch an engaging and relevant educational session – content and speaker to be confirmed
• Networking lunch
• Host approximately ten 1-to-1 meetings with associations attending the live event. Meetings
are requested by the association buyers which can be pre-selected or requested live throughout the event
• Enjoy a fabulous gala dinner evening which includes superb dinner with fine wines along with
fantastic entertainment. You will also be able to watch the team video challenges and find out which team has won the team cash prize!
• All attending suppliers have access to a full demographic profile of every attending association buyer which they can use for their 1-to-1 sessions or as a reference point post event
• All suppliers will be sat next to someone different for each networking lunch and dinner to maximise networking opportunities throughout the event
• All participants will be able to access the event app/website to continue the conversation with all associations that attended virtually or live
• The on-demand presentations will be promoted to our database of all non-attending international association buyers to deliver extra industry exposure post event
What past suppliers think about our challenge events:
“Brilliant, fun, engaging, great networking!”
Danielle Bounds, ICC Wales
“A superb event that I thoroughly enjoyed more than I could have ever anticipated.”
Mike Foyle, TechPro Events Ltd
“One of the best networking events I have attended and the most leads I have ever received from one event!”
Sarah McGovern, ICC Birmingham
“A unique and brilliant way to network and build relationships.”
Lucie Baldock, Farnborough International