The Association Challenge 2021
5 – 6 May 2021
What is the Association Challenge about?
The Association Challenge is part of the Northstar Meetings Group Challenge Event Series for agency, corporate and association event buyers. Running for 8 years the challenge event format is proven to create an environment where imagination inspires business and builds partnerships between buyers and event industry suppliers.
The Association Challenge is a modern business forum that brings together association management companies, PCOS and association meeting planners with venues, destinations and specialist suppliers to develop long-lasting relationships. It is a unique blend of creative team building and effective networking based on engagement through gamification. It is an opportunity for
associations to be inspired by a tantalising array of presentations in an energetic, informative and memorable way. It is the not-to-be-missed association event of the year.
Venues, destinations and event industry suppliers who would like to meet, network and share their product information with association buyers looking to place national and international event business. You will be able to network with up to 50 association buyers.
– £5,295 + VAT – 1-person team
– £7,690 + VAT – 2-person team (from one organisation or two)
Prices include accommodation for two nights and all F&B and entertainment.
Day 1 – Tuesday 4th May 2021
- • Arrive at leisure
- • Join us for an informal evening with F&B
- • Overnight
Day 2 – Wednesday 5th May 2021
- • You will be allocated to team for the live event where you can network with your peers and association event planners
- • You can undertake a dynamic live 10-minute presentation to all attendees (this could be on Wednesday or Thursday subject to running order)
- • Enjoy a networking lunch gathering to meet and network with more association participants
- • You will ask three quiz questions as part of your presentation which are asked to all teams at the end of your presentation and count towards the final team scores
- • You can network with associations on your team during these live quiz sessions
- • You will undertake a team challenge to build relationships with association buyers
- • Watch an engaging and relevant educational session
- • Enjoy a networking evening including fine F&B, entertainment and accommodation
Day 3 – Thursday 6th May 2021
- • Supplier presentations will continue throughout the morning
- • You will undertake a second team challenge to continue your networking opportunities
- • Watch an engaging and relevant educational session – content and speaker to be confirmed
- • • Networking lunch where you will be seated next to different association buyers
- • Host approximately ten 1-to-1 meetings with associations attending. Meetings are requested by the association buyers which can be pre-selected or requested live throughout the event
- • Enjoy a fabulous gala dinner evening which includes superb dinner with fine wines along withfantastic entertainment. You will also be able to watch the team video challenges and find out which team has won the team cash prize!
Friday 7th May 2021
- • Check-out at leisure
- • AAll attending suppliers have access to a full demographic profile of every attending association buyer which they can use for their 1-to-1 sessions or as a reference point post event
- • All suppliers will be sat next to someone different for each networking lunch and dinner to maximise networking opportunities throughout the event
- • All participants will be able to access the event app to continue the conversation with all associations that attended the live event
What past suppliers think about our challenge events:
“Brilliant, fun, engaging, great networking!”
Danielle Bounds, ICC Wales
“A superb event that I thoroughly enjoyed more than I could have ever anticipated.”
Mike Foyle, TechPro Events Ltd
“One of the best networking events I have attended and the most leads I have ever received from one event!”
Sarah McGovern, ICC Birmingham
“A unique and brilliant way to network and build relationships.”
Lucie Baldock, Farnborough International